The Vigil Honor
The Vigil Honor is a high mark of distinction and recognition reserved for those Arrowmen who, by reason of exceptional service, personal effort, and unselfish interest, have made distinguished contributions beyond the immediate responsibilities of their position of office to one or more of the following: their lodge, the Order of the Arrow, Scouting, or their Scout Camp. Under no circumstance should tenure in Scouting or the Order of the Arrow be considered as reason enough for a Vigil Honor recommendation. The Vigil Honor is the highest honor that the Order of the Arrow can bestow upon its members for service to the lodge, council, and Scouting. Membership cannot be won by a person’s conscious endeavor. It comes as recognition of unselfish leadership in service. This fact should be given careful consideration in the selection of candidates for membership.
The Shawnee Lodge Vigil Honor Class of 2016
Please carefully read this information before submitting a Vigil Honor Nomination.
The Shawnee Lodge Vigil Honor Committee meets once annually to review submitted nominations for the Vigil Honor from the previous year. Individuals that are selected by the committee to receive the Vigil Honor are introduced annually at the Winter Fellowship Banquet and complete their induction at the Spring Conclave.
Please note that the Vigil Nomination Form has been revised from previous years. All nominations turned in to the selection committee should use this new form. Be sure to fill out all sections of the form that ask for an explanation. The new form focuses on personal testimony so please provide specific and compelling examples.
ALL FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY NOVEMBER 1st, 2021 TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE SELECTION COMMITTEE.
There are 2 ways to fill out this form:
Filling out the form on your computer (Preferred Method):
1) You may download the form and type in the material using any pdf reader, Adobe Reader is preferred.
2) Some readers allow you to save information that you have typed into the form and some do not.
3) Hovering your mouse over any of the fillable sections will display a pop-up that explains what to do if you run out of room, why the text is shrinking on a certain section, or examples of what to type into the section.
3) Attach a photo of the candidate.
Filling out the form with a black ink pen:
1) Download the form and print it.
2) Write legibly with a black ink pen (not a gel pen).
3) Attach a photo of the candidate
There are 2 ways to submit this form once you have completed it:
Mail or hand deliver the form:
1) Mail or hand deliver the form in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Vigil Honor Committee
4568 West Pine Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63108-2179
Email the form (Preferred Method):
1) Email the form to email@example.com
2) If you are emailing the form please don’t forget to include a photo as an attachment!
ALL FORMS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED BY NOVEMBER 1st, 2021!
Questions about the form or the vigil honor in general may be directed to the Lodge Vigil Honor Charman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 3-4 days for a response.